Realme, one of the emerging mobile phone brands has come up with its latest 8 series. Although there are only some minor changes compared to the previous series. But the 8 series was supposed to be 5G supported and not long ago we come to know that Realme 8 and 8 Pro are not incorporated with 5G bandwidth. Let’s find the reason behind this unhoped act!
Realme 8 Series Specifications:
Before proceeding any further, let’s have a quick look at the specifications.
- Inbox– Mobile phone, documentation, back case, 30W Dart charger, and a USB Type-C cable.
- Design– Realme 8 is 181 grams in weight and comes with a 3.5mm audio jack along with a dedicated SD card dual Nano sim slot.
- Display– 6.4″ FHD+ AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 60 Hz. Has an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- Processor- Comes with a decent gaming processor- MediaTek Helio G95.
- Memory– RAM 4GB/8GB LPDDR4X. ROM 128GB UFS 2.1.
- Battery– This model has a 5000 mAh battery and supports 30W Dart charging.
- Variants– Realme 8 comes in 3 variants, the base variant 4/128 GB and the other two variants 6/128 GB and 8/128 GB.
- Color– There are two options in color, Cyber Silver and Cyber Black.
- Camera– Rear camera has a setup of 64+8+2+2 MP while the front camera comes with a punch hole 16 MP setup.
- OS– Realme 8 runs on Realme UI 2.0 which is based on Android v11.
- Connectivity– Dual 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v5.1, Wi-Fi calling, and Dual-band Wi-Fi.
The mobile phone is built with a MediaTek Helio G95 chipset and has two storage options currently (4GB+128GB and 8GB+128GB). It comes with the quad-camera setup with 64MP as a primary camera, 8MP for 119-degree wide-angle, 2MP macro, and 2MP black and white lens. For selfies, it has a 16MP in-display camera.
It has a 6.4 inch Super AMOLED FHD+ display of 1080×2400 resolution, 60Hz refresh rate. The 5000 mAh battery helps the user for longer usage. 30W dart charging on the other hand can charge the mobile in just 65 minutes.
There are certainly some problems in this model compared to Realme 7.
- The major problem is that Realme 8 comes with mono speakers, although the sound seems to be loud but is not clear.
- Gorilla Glass 5 protection isn’t been mentioned anywhere. However, this protection seems to be a must for mobile phones these days.
- This model comes with a plastic back casing which certainly gives a distinct look to the mobile phone but it readily formed the impressions at the back.
- No notification light, although it has a sensor at the top which might be confused with notification light.
Along with many major problems this series also has some bright points which draw our focus towards it.
- The first one will surely be the in-display fingerprint sensor. Which makes this the only mobile phone with this feature in the price range of INR 15,000.
- Realme 8 runs on Realme UI 2.0 based on Android v11. This certainly makes an out-of-the-box feature.
- The mobile comes with a 64MP primary camera. Which has many latest features like Neon portrait, AI colored video, Dual-view that is the use of both rear and front camera at the same time.
WHETHER TO BUY REALME 8 OR NOT?
If one has Realme 7 or Narzo 20 Pro, there might not be any need to upgrade these with Realme 8. This might also be the only option available to buy if you need an in-display fingerprint mobile under INR 15,000. Also, Realme is well known for its experimentation in designs, and we have good evidence of this in the earlier models.
REALME 8 PRO Specifications
- Inbox– Mobile phone, a decent quality back case, documentation, and a 65W super dart charger along with a Type-C USB cable.
- Design– Realme 8 pro is 177 grams in weight and has a 3.5mm audio jack. This mobile has a slim profile and a plastic back casing.
- Display– It has a 6.4″ FHD+ AMOLED display with a 60Hz refresh rate. And also has an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- Processor– Like its predecessor 5 Pro and 6 Pro it has a snapdragon 720 G processor.
- Memory– RAM 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x, ROM 128GB UFS 2.1.
- Variants– This model comes in two variants 6/128 GB and 8/128 GB.
- Battery– Despite being light in weight this mobile phone comes with a 4500 mAh battery, which certainly is shocking. And supports 50W dart charging.
- OS– Realme 8 Pro runs on Realme UI 2.0 which is based on Android 10.
- Camera– Rear camera has a setup of 108+8+8+2 MP while the front camera comes with a 16 MP setup.
- Connectivity– Dual 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v5.0, Wi-Fi calling, and Dual-band Wi-Fi.
The mobile phone has a 6.4 inch Super AMOLED FHD+ display of 1080 x 2400 resolution with a 60Hz refresh rate. It runs on Snapdragon 720 G (Octa-core 8nm) processor. It has an Adreno 618 GPU that suits gaming as well. The mobile phone comes with the Realme UI 2.0 with the base Android v10, but it can be updated to the latest v11.
The major highlight or impressive thing about this mobile is the camera. It is equipped with quad camera setup of 108MP Samsung HM2 Sensor as a primary camera. For selfies, it has 16MP in-display camera.
The Photography Function includes:
Starry Mode, Tilt-shift, Dynamic Bokeh, Neon portrait, AI Colour Portrait, Ultra 108MP Mode, Super Night-scape, Panoramic View, Expert, Portrait Mode, HDR, Ultra Wide, Ultra Macro, AI Scene Recognition, AI Beauty, Filter, Chroma Boost, Bokeh Effect Control, Text Scanner.
Here the 8pro has a 4500 mAh battery with 50W Dart charging, which can charge 50% in just 17 minutes. The two storage options 6GB+128GB and 8GB+128GB prices Rs 17,999 and Rs 19,999 respectively.
- Realme 8 Pro comes with a mono speaker setup. While the other mobile phones in this range have stereo speakers support.
- This phone has a low touch sampling rate, which certainly affects while gaming.
- Despite having a 108 MP back camera setup, the image quality seems to be similar to the images taken from Realme 7 Pro.
Realme 8 pro gives excellent reasons to a buyer to choose it over other brands.
Its looks and design are out of the box. The Realme UI 2.O’s support also puts a cherry on top, while the in-display fingerprint sensor along with a 50W charging speed makes this phone underpriced.
Another major plus point of this model is the feature-rich camera application, which includes features like Tilt-Shift Camera Photography, 3X in sensor zoom, and a Dual View mode.
WHETHER OR NOT TO BUY REALME 8 PRO?
I would suggest this mobile phone for photoholic persons, because it comes with 108 MP quad camera setup which can give a quality photos. And comes with a 4500 mAh battery with 50W fast charging. Realme 8 Pro has a plastic back while the 7 Pro had a glass back. And also the selfie camera is been downgraded from 32MP to 16MP. No support of stereo speakers would also bring a second thought to a buyer’s mind. Overall, it is a slight downgrade in comparison with the 7 pro model and seems to underwhelm.
Also, the price of the Realme 8 Pro is INR 18,000 and INR 20,000 for the variants 6GB+128GB and 8GB +128GB, respectively. This beyond doubt gives a reason for a buyer to think of this mobile phone.
THE 5G CONFUSION!
Realme was set to launch the 8 series in India by March 2021. But the support of the 5G band stood as the major problem. Madhav Sheth CEO of Realme said that there was a little confusion regarding the incorporation of the 5G bands in the 8 series. The price limit of this series was the only limiting factor for the incorporation of these bands. If the 5G band was included in this series then the price would surely go high which certainly was unexpected. And would also have hit hard on the sales. This was the reason why Realme was puzzled up by the launch of the 8 series. However, this series is launched. And one can buy these mobile phones not only through the official website of Realme. But also through other E-commerce websites.
Competition Realme 8 Series Would have to face.
The other brands have made use of 5G bands in all their new models and the 5G network is also expected to be launched in India in the second half of 2021. And this is the major reason why Realme was so confused with the launch of the 8 series. CEO Madhav Sheth seemed to have been confused earlier but in the end, Realme came up with the 8 series without the support of 5G bandwidth.
Talking about the competition. It will be hard for the 8 series to stand a chance against the 5G updated mobile phones from other brands. But the price of 8 and 8 Pro surely gives these mobiles a bright side. And also a strong reason for the buyers to think of these mobiles. However, Realme 8 will be the only option available for a buyer, to buy a mobile phone with an in-display fingerprint sensor under the range of INR 15,000.