The biggest wait of an ultra smartphone having all the ultra features giving the best value to its price seemed to be ideal, but Xiaomi came up with its Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra smartphone. Thus putting an end to the wait. This smartphone has stunned everyone with its ultra features and specifications.
Xiaomi has introduced a new feature called the Viewfinder, which draws much attention towards it. Let’s look into detail about all these ultra features!
Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra tops in all the specifications and features. The triple rear camera setup has all three flagship sensors. The selfie camera seems to be disappointing, but why use the front camera? When the rear camera could be used for clicking selfies too!
This smartphone has a 6.81″ QHD+ AMOLED display with a rating of 1700 nits. This probably is the brightest of all smartphones.
The Snapdragon 888 5G is a high-end SoC. This integrates one Prime Core based on an ARM Cortex-X1 architecture clocked up to 2.84 GHz. The fastest processor for an android smartphone to date is equipped with this mobile phone.
The 5000 mAh battery can be charged with the 55W charger from zero to 99 percent in one hour. The adapter power is locked at 55W because of certifications though it was mentioned to be 67W.
What is Viewfinder in Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra?
Xiaomi has come up with a unique feature called the Viewfinder. This is actually a 1.1″ AMOLED touch display. This Viewfinder can be used as a screen to click selfies using the rear camera sensor. Also, it’s made sure that the Rear camera setup and the Viewfinder fit in a single back bump adding a classic look to the ceramic back panel. One could just imagine how cool a 50MP selfie would be!
However, this unique feature also displays time and notifications. So, when your phone is placed with the screen facing down the table you may not have to lift your phone to see the time or notifications. Just a glance at this small window will let you know without any trouble lifting the phone.
Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra Specifications:
The detailed specification of Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra goes as follows,
- Inbox- Back case, Sim ejector, Documentation, and handset.
- Camera- Triple Rear camera setup having 50MP Wide (f/2.0) + 48MP Ultra Wide (f/2.2) + 48MP Periscope Telephoto (f/4.1) sensor, with 120X zoom. Front camera has a sensor of 20MP resolution.
- Display- 6.81″ QHD+ AMOLED DotDisplay with support of HDR 10+ video technology. And 120Hz of refresh rate.
- Weight- 235g
- Processor- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G SoC.
- RAM- 8/12 GB LPDDR 5.
- ROM- 256/512GB UFS 3.1 storage type.
- Variants- 8/256GB, 12/256GB, 12/512GB.
- Color Options- Ceramic White and Ceramic Black.
- Battery- 5000 mAh battery with 67W wired and wireless charging support.
- Connectivity- Dual 5G, Dual 4G, NFC, Bluetooth V5.2, WiFi 6E.
Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra heating issue?
Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra is the first smartphone to feature a Three-Phase Cooling technology. Three-Phase here cites the three-phase of a matter the solid, liquid, and gas. The thermal conductivity here is improved by 100% compared to the former thermal paste. The large vapor chamber of this cooling system efficiently dissipates heat at all times.
Thus there is no wonder why the cooling system equipped seems to be so efficient. Even after continuously gaming for a duration of 4 to 5 hours. The mobile didn’t overheat and was at its normal temperature. This proves the efficiency of the cooling system.
However, there exists a heating issue when the rear camera is been in use for longer durations. This probably might be because of the ultra rear camera setup that has all the three flagship sensors.
Is Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra Waterproof?
Yes, the Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra comes with IP68 certification. This offers the highest IP rating for dust and water resistance. In simple words even after living the phone in water for half an hour, the phone will function just fine. To know what the letters in IP rating mean just go through the next paragraph.
The first two characters, I and P, stand for Ingress Protection or in other words, how good it is at stopping stuff from getting inside it. The third digit is the number that indicates how good it is at protecting against small solid particles like dust, sand, etc. With a maximum rating of 6. This ranges from no protection at all, through small screws, a little dust, or all dust. The last digit is the liquid or water resistance rating, with a max rating of 8.
The Number 1 Smartphone!
The Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra has been ranked number one by the DXOMARK. The DXOMARK runs various tests and thus ranks a smartphone based on the points it scores in the test.
This seems to be of no surprise as the Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra is equipped with the best technology in every aspect to date. Every feature of this smartphone seems to be ultra. Thus giving a buyer a strong reason for buying this ultra smartphone.
Pros of Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra Smartphone:
Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra has all the best features and specifications equipped in it. The cooling system included in this phone is of the highest quality which works very efficiently. More about the cooling system is elaborated in the next paragraphs.
The 50MP rear camera setup with three flagship sensors is also the biggest benefit that comes with this smartphone. However, along with this, a user gets to experience the newest technology- The Viewfinder. It’s because of this feature, one can experience a 50MP selfie.
The Snapdragon 888 5G Processor is also a benefit. Getting the fastest SoC in a smartphone with all other features which are equally excellent and top-rated just seems to be make-believe.
A 6.81″ QHD+ AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 120Hz and a 1700 nits rating makes this the brightest smartphone till date. This ultra display comes with a Gorilla Glass Victus protection. Thus giving the best possible protection for a super cool display.
The Negative Side:
With all the above-mentioned pros, one could just overlook the cons. But are they really worth overlooking? Let’s have a look.
Letting a user experience all the top features and specifications would be great if a battery with higher capacity was incorporated in this smartphone. A 5000 mAh battery might be sufficient for a moderate user. However, the powerful Snapdragon 888 5G processor runs the system efficiently even with a battery of this capacity.
The weight of Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra is something which surely can’t be overlooked. Carrying a 234g smartphone all the time surely makes it difficult for a user. Also, the back bump seems to pop out from the back case. The weight balancing could have been improved as it is something which is very important.
Another major disappointment is the MIUI 12 OS.
Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra Review
Here are some Hands-On reviews that might convince you about the thoughts you had in your mind about this smartphone.
- The weight of this smartphone has been a major concern. You don’t get used to the weight of this phone and it seems as if you are carrying a heavy object in hand.
- There are always chances of slipping off the phone from the hand not only because of the weight but also the modish curved edges.
- Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra gives a prime gaming experience by running smooth and high-quality graphics very smoothly. And yes, the Game Turbo feature is a cool one too. It literally allows you to make the graphics on your phone even more punchy, vibrant, and colorful.
- The camera really clicks the images of the best quality. Also, the ultra-wide photos come out really well.
- 120X zoom- Does it work well? It’s seen that after zooming for 50X if you try to click a photo it gets smoggy and you might hardly be able to identify what you were capturing. So 120X zoom seems just to be a number to draw attention.
- However, if you try to use the camera for longer durations like recording a 4K 60FPS video then within minutes the phone starts heating up at a rapid pace. Although, surprisingly, there was no issue of overheating while gaming.
- The MIUI 12 OS stands a disappointment for a smartphone of price range INR 70,000. The OS just keeps on sending unnecessary and unwanted recommendations and updates. This seems to be disgusting, however, it will be traced through an update in the future.
- With all the ultimate features the standby time could be obtained up to 5 and a half to 6 hours of Screen-On-Time (SOT).
Buy it for INR 70,000 or Not?
The 12/256 GB variant of the Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra is priced at INR 69,999 and could be bought only through the official MI website or MI Store. It seems here that Xiaomi is very conscious about the price of this smartphone as this could just be the opportunity they were looking at, to provide a flagship mobile phone with top features at such a price range. And this smartphone could just be the medium for Xiaomi to top in this territory.
Should buy! Yes, for this price Xiaomi is providing a smartphone with all the premium features which no other brand could provide for such a price range.
The only thing which would hold one down from buying Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra would be the software. MIUI 12 really has some serious issues but there haven’t been any updates for months. Xiaomi really did a great job with the hardware of this smartphone but it did disappoint us with its software.
But with a hope for an update, this mobile phone stands top in this budget sector.
To have a look at the best buying option for a smartphone in the price range of INR 20,000. Do go through the linked article.